How to Add Images to Your Homepage
- Locate an icon you would like to use. Some recommended sites:
- Position your mouse over the icon and click with your right mouse button.
Click and hold. *Macintosh users can just position mouse over icon and
click and hold.
- Choose "Save Image As..." and then you can either rename
the icon or choose the default name. Save the image as a .gif file. You
will want to save the image in your a:\ directory (floppy disk) along with
the index.html file.
Remember what you named the file by writing down the filename.
- Open Notepad and open then "index.html" file in your a:\
- Locate where you want the icon to appear to on your homepage and then
type in the HTML Tag
<IMG SRC- "filename.gif">
Example: <IMG SRC-- "redball.gif"> This will add a red
- Save "index.html". Open Netscape and choose "File"
and then "Open File in Browser" and "index.html" in
your a:\ directory. If Netscape is already open, just hit Reload.
- Don't forget to FTP the .gif and index.html to your public_html directory
on the K12 Web Server. If you don't upload the GIF file, you will get the
broken icon symbol on your homepage.