How to Create Images for the World Wide Web
- Use paint or draw program to design logos and graphics.
Shareware paint programs are available on the web.
- Highend Adobe Phtotoshop (MAC, PC) $529. (Ask for Educator's Price! Should be able to around
- Lowend JASC Paint Shop Pro (PC- Windows) $69.
You can download a trial version at JASC
- Steal pictures and graphics from other peoples web pages (free but should be careful about copyright violations).
- Use scanner to digitize drawn pictures or photographs. Microtek color scanners cost about $329.
- Use digital camera to take digital pictures. Apple Quicktake camera is $599. Kodak has a digital camera for $298. Youll need software as well.
- Develop 35mm film on disk. Pictures will be produced web ready. (Ask if they offer .jpg and .gif and then tell the store if you need
disk for Macintosh or PC).